12.08.2011

Bath and Burger Works

So I was having a little life conversation with 11 yr old E today and he was telling me about his friend who has 2 older brothers that have BOTH dropped out of college.  I was letting him know that dropping out is not a very smart thing.  He mostly agreed.  He could see how the 25 yr old that lived at home with his parents and was a lock smith was kind of lacking.  However, he thought that the 21 yr old who worked at The Burger Barn and had his OWN place had a pretty sweet life. 

During this same conversation he came up with the idea of a Burger joint where you would order a Burger and then go hop in a bath and wait.  Once your burger was ready, they would bring it to you and you would have your meal.... in the tub.... while you are bathing.  I love Burgers and I love Tubs, but not necessarily together.  I just love how creative little minds can be! 

I didn't want to rain on his parade and remind him of what happens to bread when it gets wet or about ALL the germs that one would encounter in a public bathing area.  Not to mention, well maybe just to you... What happens if the lettuce or tomatoes fell out of the Burger and were floating in your tub?  I find myself being grossed out and also kind of impressed by at the same time.

Don't be surprised if one day you find yourself at the local Bath and Burger Works.  Who's hungry?


His idea might not pan out, but he has the biggest heart!  Last summer, after swim team while we waited for the the other kiddos to finish up their turns, he would help some of my friends with their kids.  He even got babies to sleep just by walking and rocking them.  He is the BEST babysitter around!  He was very coveted.  Kids and moms LOVE him and follow him around wherever he goes.  He is very sweet and patient and takes time to talk and play with them - even though he would rather be running amok with his brothers and friends.  E would just smile, look longingly at his friends playing, but in the end would usually help out - just because E is that nice.  He is such a good boy!  And for that reason, I will eat burgers, in a bath... anytime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment