1.20.2012

Guess who is getting a contract with Sony Records?

......Me!

Well, Maybe..... I am still working out some kinks.

I don't mean to sound too full of myself but I have been writing some really amazing songs the past year.  What's even more amazing is that I really am not very musical and most people might even consider me tone deaf.  Sure my parents tried...

I took Ukulele in 6th grade (like all 6th graders mind you)
I took a year of the accordion - I just didn't have the upper body strength to keep up with it.
And when that didn't work out - they signed me up for the organ.
Lastly, I took band in Jr. High and tried very hard to play the flute.  I almost passed out a number of times - you would be shocked how much oxygen loss a person goes through when playing that deadly instrument.  Flute players really should be required to wear helmets.

It may sound weird, but given my German heritage it is totally reasonable to have all of those lovely instruments in my background.

So, such as the tradition of making children play music, I am pleased that all 4 Anderson children play the piano.  I have high hopes that they one day too, can make their own songs and share them with the world. 

Back on track.... thanks to auto tune - you can't even tell I am not a very good singer or that I am completely missing the notes (at least I can't).  I won't bore you will ALL the songs I have written - just my 3 favorites.

Every artist has their "thing" that needs to be in place, aligned or done, in order for them to perform their best.  Because I am so nice and like to help people, I am going to share my "things".  Maybe it will help someone out there.

1.  I only ever do 1 take of a song -There is a reason the sequels are never as good as the originals.

2.  I never write out lyrics - I find it is best when I just let it fly.

3.  I don't look inward or sing about feelings - that stuff is personal.  Instead, I turn to my surroundings for inspiration.

4.  The best songs I have written happened while driving in my car with my kids.  I think with all of the distraction that children and driving provide, it allows your mind to truly open up and you don't even have to think about it.

That is pretty much it.  So before you listen I will give a little back ground on the inspiration for each of my songs...

"Dirty Jobs"
This was actually the first song I ever made.  I won't tell you which child of mine I sang the song about  for.  But basically, someone was being naughty and I was tired of it.  I decided to sing this certain someone a song about the consequences of not being good - which in this case I was giving him 20 jobs to do around the house.

http://khu.sh/usersong_4f19d2bdb407b


"Chick-fil-a"
Who doesn't love Chick-fil-a?  It was just on a whim one day.  The kids and I were headed out to get some of their yummy real chicken nuggets and some waffle fries and it just came to me.  I just really think Chick-fil-a is great....  and not just for their food... did you know that they close on Sundays so people can have their day of rest?  They are such nice people and so, this song is for them.

http://khu.sh/usersong_4d38af24ce7c0



"Digging for Gold"
Cale helped me pick out the name of this one because I could not quite find one that I was happy with.  Sometimes coming up with a name for a song is more difficult than coming up with the song.  Anyway - this song will probably reach a lot of people.  It is something that a lot of people have experienced.... 

I had Adam in the car and we were going to Basketball practice.  Traffic was bad and there were cars everywhere.  I was feeling stressed out that he might be late and that someone might crash into me, but I was managing the stress.  Anyway, we stop at a light and I look over and see a women REALLY picking her nose.  Not a little scratch or rub - but seriously going after it.  She did not care that cars full of people were all around her or that she didn't have a tissue or that maybe she might hurt herself being so aggressive.  Truth be told, she dug until the light turned... and that is a VERY long time.  I kind of felt bad for her and thought that I should offer her some advice.  So, I pulled out my phone and this is what came out....

http://khu.sh/usersong_4f0e2bbf853d6


Hope you enjoy - music videos soon to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment